Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Midnight

.. I'm tired.. but I can't sleep..

that's not insomnia, is it? Insomnia is when you're NOT tired and can't sleep... I think..

either way, that's me and alas, I'm here on my blog to give myself updates on my meager existence and while doing so, I'm sure the boring details of my day...my life.. will knock me right out!

I had an eventful day at work, got lots done - even bought a hearth from a woman on KSL (a cute one for the fireplace I never use) for cheap and she agreed to meet me at work since she was in town. So I give her the address and she ends up parking 3 blocks north of my workplace. I tried telling her to come on back towards me but I was just wasting time explaining the difference between north & south. She's from American Fork and apparently it's different there...? True story.

Anyways, I speed walk up there getting a charlie horse in my calf, pay the woman my $10, collect my heavy, awkward hearth and proceed back to work - all the while sweating and probably making the same face I made while I was having contractions with my son almost 4 years ago. I KNOW it was not pretty. ugh

My day ended better -- I watched Julia & Julia and absolutely loved it. Great flick! Thanks Erin from work for letting me borrow your dvd. It made me crave French food so I made ramen for dinner. Yes I know ramen's not French.. but who has french cuisine just lying around their kitchens?

2 comments:

mae said...

What the heck is a hearth? I really want to know so I can picture you lugging it for 3 blocks. hee hee.

LOVED Julie and Julia. Such a great show.

Lele said...

I will take a picture for you....
of the hearth.... not my face lugging it down Main Street. lol