Christmas is upon us and since 5 months is my lucky number as far as the time I take between blog posts - here we are again!
This will be Mosey's 5th Christmas and yet this poor guy still doesn't understand the hype. For some reason I thought Mosey wouldn't notice but as we were perusing Target one fine evening, I found a toy I thought he'd really like. I grabbed it and tried to hide it in the cart but sure enough, Sherlock was onto me (probably because it was the ONLY thing in the cart so hiding it in plain site was just dumb on my part) and asks, "hey mama.. is that for my Christmas?" I said "no - it's for your cousin.." He says, "oh.. ok maybe we give to Santa Krawz for Christmas..." I said, "no, Santa Claus already has it so HE's going to give it to your cousin for Christmas.." Mosey says, "no.. juss tell he mama to buy it for him ok?" I said, "Mosey..Santa is the one who gives you your presents on Christmas." Mosey looks at me not blinking, "no.. my daddy buys me presents."
I didn't know what to say to that.
Is this an opportunity to create that magical mystique of Santa Clause or had he unknowingly given me the best "out" ever in a long line of uncomfortable discussions parents must have with their children?
And so...I bought him ice cream and he forgot the whole discussion!
3 comments:
ha ha I like your response. Ice cream...it's the magic distraction.
It was so awesome to see you! Forrest devoured that whole tub of popcorn and I'm not kidding.
I miss you too! I had such a blast sharing that file room with you:) We need to do lunch sometime.
That's too funny! I think I almost ruined Christmas this year....when I was talking on the phone, then I quickly changed the subject! lol! Kids are brilliant! Love ya Lele!
Lele!!! Thanks so much for posting up on my blog...I've sooooo been trying to hunt you down! I miss you!! I was making my christmas card list and I put your name on it....but I don't have your address....ne-who....can you email me it please:) andriauale@yahoo.com I hope you are doing well and everything is going good...I hope one day when your passing though hawaii we can hang out again! Take care & merry christmas :)
Post a Comment