Monday, January 25, 2010

Magic

Being here for these kids has helped me see that I can still do some good yet for my family. I hope one day when my ship has sailed and they remember me, they think "man, my aunty lele - she was so cool!"

I don't consider myself to be the BEST aunty but...I must be doing something right cause there's some serious awesomeness going on here!

Lately, I'm seeing clothes being picked up, folded and getting put away. I'm seeing cups and bowls being put into the sink rather than becoming statues on the counter. I'm seeing patience and love being expressed rather than insults and fighting. I'm finally seeing some camaraderie and kindness and I'm so touched. It's magic!

Let's see -- Lo went to a Jazz game last night, had a blast and hugged everyone when she got home. Seij fixed Lo's hair today for church AND she made everyone breakfast this morning (awesome). Baby Layla & Kal played nicely all morning with my son. Rossy folded the morning blankets and straightened up the living room downstairs. These kids performed magic today and didn't even know it.

No comments: