Thursday, February 26, 2009

BOLT





For a seriously belated Valentines date night, my husband promised me dinner and a movie but since his days off from work are few and far between, time as a 'couple' is usually put on the shelf for time as a 'family.' I told him dinner had better be something involving decadence, butter and pasta and the movie better be something I've been wanting to see. With just one fiesty two year old being the deciding factor in our plans, most parents probably wouldn't find that a challenge but for some reason, everything we do with our little boy ends up being a discussion later about "why didn't we get a baby sitter for him? Oh that's right, because YOU wanted family time!"

We ended up going to the Olive Garden and to quote one of my faves on the Food Network Rachel Ray, "yum-o!" Of course, after waiting 35 minutes for a table, when we finally sat down - Mosey decided that he just HAD to touch and throw everything within his grasp. I've gotten pretty good at hiding ALL salt shakers, sweet & low containers and menus from him upon sitting down at a table in a restaurant, but he managed to throw a butter knife at the waiter who was bringing us drinks! oops..

Aside from the crayon in my fettuccine, we had an awesome dinner and decided to press our luck on a movie at Sugarhouse Dollar Theaters. aaah, I remember when I was in high school and that was like thee coolest place in Utah to be so naturally I was never there because I am thee uncoolest person ever. Anyways -

We decided on the 10:05 pm showing of the Disney animated hit Bolt and apparently, we are the only people that believe taking your child out to a movie that late is acceptable cause the theater was filled with adults. Shame on us, I guess. I loved the movie, my husband loved it too because he stayed awake for the whole thing and actually laughed..and my son? He was captivated pretty much from start to finish - I'd say he liked it a lot. Go see it! The hamster in the ball is a cuh-rack up!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bolt is the BEST!

Hubby said...

Don't forget the pigeons.haha Bolt was a good movie!